Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Guest Author: Crystal Drake

I'm opening my blog today to my first guest of the New Year, Author Crystal Drake! Welcome, Crystal!


Good day, lovers of the abnormal.

Happy New Year, everyone! I wish you a joy-filled and prosperous year for you and your family.

Hello, my name is Crystal Drake, and I write sexy, high-action Shape-shifter/Sci-Fi Romantic Adventure. It’s the first of many Service Hero Appreciation Days to come on Tonya’s blog, and she’s blessed me with the first spot. That kicks the New Year off right for me.


My hero is a police officer, and I depend on all that cop-sexiness. Why do cops turn us on? Is it the uniform? The power? The discipline? The gun? The guts? Oh, yes, it’s all those for me. They make me fantasize of being a bad girl if a little misadventure could put me in the attention of a handsome guardian of the law. :-) Of course, in real life, flirting with a police officer doesn’t get a girl anywhere. (I’ve heard.)

But, in the fantasy world… Oh, the places it can get you. Teasing a badge can get you a pair of steel bracelets that link together. Or you might find yourself in the arms of an alpha who knows how to thrive on risk. Maybe you’ll live a harrowing adventure with a super-hot cop capable of taking down the bad guys and saving your life. Or ready to defend and, if necessary, pay the ultimate price for another’s safety. That’s the heart of an alpha with a badge, and he deserves passion and love. Doesn’t he? I think so.

Applause to our law enforcement communities who keep us safe.


Do you remember when your eyes met the eyes of a stranger, and you knew you’d be linked to that person forever? That amazing touch of fate is universal entanglement. Many of us have been there. Wouldn’t you love to entangle with someone so special again? How far would you go to keep the magic? What lie would you tell, what deceit would you employ to force your way?


High Commander Kade Quil loathes everything about his former enemy world, Pygras. Ordered to assist a Pygrian priestess on a rescue mission, he explodes—until he meets the graceful shape-shifter priestess assigned him. Her enchanting pink eyes halt his warpath. What creature could she manifest?

Scholar Willa Canatar must save her kidnapped sister, but tolerating the handsome but nasty-dispositioned investigator is torture. When tragedy blows their mission apart, the priestess and the cop become entangled in the turbulent forces of the universe.

The invincible Master of Cig wants the shape-shifters dead, their magic stolen, so he’s experimenting on them, exterminating their prophecy of his fall. Before he accomplishes his evil plot, he’ll face a sneaky cop with few boundaries, a beautiful priestess, and a wolf-spirit from the Second Universe ready to prove the Master’s immortality a myth.

Someone near the Master holds the secret to trumping the undefeated Kade Quil—take the priestess the high commander wants, and kill his people.

Watch the book trailer:


Ready for an excerpt?

In my novel Magnetic, Entangled’s prequel, Kade is a crass and shadowy side figure. Not even his best friend is sure what goes on in the high commander’s head. Kade had begged for more stage time than I could afford him in Magnetic. His alpha-male bully character is very fun to explore in Entangled. Kade is my mother’s favorite of all my heroes for his transformation from a self-centered butthead into a pretty decent guy. Considering. Oh, the power of love. :-)

[ This excerpt is rated R. ]

At the Spring

An unnamable despondency lingering in his dark eyes cut into her soul.
“What disturbs you, Kade? Do you believe Valco is still around? I doubt he is. Your appearance gave him great desire to be away from here.”
“No, I’ve no worries of that traitor. And if he’s hidden in the woods watching, he would see he can’t take you from me.”
But Kade looked sad and preoccupied. She’d seen him angry, frustrated, gleeful, sympathetic, quiet, and always sexy, but never sad.
“Tell me what bothers you.”
“I’m waiting for something, Willa,” Kade confessed to her mysteriously. “I’m prepared to wait a while. I know I’ll have to be patient, nurture it along until it finally happens. But I’m concentrated on that goal. I have to know for sure.”
She loathed the distance between them and whatever stole his mind from her. She wanted to feel his weight against her, feel him inside her when their moment of finest pleasure happened. She felt fireworks for him now when she closed her eyes.
The thought occurred to her that he might not make love to her until he’d received this profound thing he awaited, and she couldn’t live with that. Did he blame her for some part of Valco’s sin against them?
“Kade, whatever I’ve done to upset you, tell me of it and forgive me. You feel distant, and all I want is for you to come back and make love to me. I want to feel like I’m yours again.”
Kade broke out into the loudest laugh she’d ever heard, stunning her.
The light in his eyes and the grin on his face were suddenly outrageous. “I’d thought it would take so much longer to hear you say that. I’d been sure of it. I’d been prepared to wait weeks to hear you ask me to make love to you, Willa.”
She smiled, but her expression couldn’t have reflected her relief to hear he hadn’t grown tired of her, wasn’t considering dumping her on the side of the road like last week’s entertainment.
Not yet.
He pressed a hot kiss to her wanting mouth, moving to put himself between her legs. Where he belonged. The feel of him there made her shiver.
When she parted from his kiss, she gazed into his sexy eyes filled too easily with victory. Was reassurance of her true devotion all he wanted? She would have built a pyramid for him.
“Kade, will you make love to me?” Already, her breath was labored. “I’ve an unrelenting drive to stay in your touch and beneath you. Locked in your custody, High Commander.”
His smile triumphant, he kissed her deeply again, a hot kiss full of want that made her body throb. The steamy water rocked against their bodies, melting them into one.
He parted from her lips with mischief in his eyes, and his smile grew into his wolf’s grin. His vision scanning the moonlight-dappled woods around them, he whispered, “Do you think the trickster could be watching us?”
A little anxious at the prospect, she scanned the forest, leaves spinning to the gentle wind. “There are thick bushes…wide trees…and shadow. He could be there.”
Kade’s smile turned vengeful. “I’m going to show him he can’t touch my stuff.”
The sexy high commander rose from the water, his bronze body glittering with moonlit drizzles, and he went to her clothes folded neatly in the grass. He shook out the silver gown he’d stolen for her and spread the full skirt onto the grass. Next, he bundled his own uniform slacks and her night rail and placed it at the neck of the gown, then he returned for her.
Drawing her to her feet, he scooped her up into her arms, surprising her and making her giggle. The cool air slapped her body made hot by the springs, and she shivered.
“I’ll warm you,” Kade whispered back, his naughty expression filling her with anticipation. Her arms around his neck, she pressed a giggling kiss to his lips, and the contact sent a rush of pleasure through her.
He hauled her to the clothes, laid her upon the spread dress, and made sure the wadded clothes served as her pillow. He folded his uniform shell and placed it beneath her hips, boosting them higher for his mischief.
Thrill shot through her. What would he do?
Their smiles were out of control.
“Do you think Valco’s watching?” Her sight again combed through the shadow and trees in search of a sign of human movement. It was so dark deep within the veil of forest around them.
Over her, Kade gently cupped her chin and brought her sight back to him.
“If that traitor is spying on us, this is what I want him to see. This will warn him. If he attempts to take you again…he’ll draw my blade.”
The high commander opened her legs, knelt between them in his power position, and he caressed her thighs with his big, hot hands. Her legs quivered and heated. The wetness he caused was instant. The sight of his ready erection made her hungry for him. He stretched over her and applied a hungry kiss to her lips that drove away her fear.
Then he moved down her body, placing tiny sucking kisses down her neck and shoulders, tickling her. The chilly breeze titillated her flesh. His hot mouth reached her breasts to find them rushing for his attention. He suckled one, then the other, and she couldn’t stop whispering his name. He trailed kisses down her stomach until he reached the apex of her womanhood. The imagining of his mouth anywhere near that pleasure center made her mind and body feel as though she spun.
“Oh, Kade…” came out in a rushing breath, her body shivering again.
“Willa… I want Valco to see me worship you like this.”
She shuddered and moaned and felt terribly hungry.
“You’re very wet, Willa… Do you want me?”
Her thighs shook at his stimulation. “I don’t want anything like I want you, Kade.”
“I don’t want anything like I want you, priestess. Tell that deceiver he can’t take you from me, Willa.”
Kade went down on her, surprising her and making her cry out his name.


Don’t stop. Read more excerpts of Entangled:
http://www.CrystalDrakeBooks.com/
Buy Link: http://www.BookStrand.com/entangled.

Thanks, everyone. And thank you, Tonya, for lending me your first audience of the new year.

Happy New Year, everyone!
May 2013 be one of your best.

Peace on Earth,
Crystal Drake
http://www.CrystalDrakeBooks.com/
Entangled – Available now!


No comments:

Post a Comment