Friday, July 19, 2013

Guest Author Lori King

My guest today is Siren-BookStrand author Lori King. She's here to talk to us about something all writers inevitably go through...writer's block and to share with us her latest release, Sidney’s Triple Shot. Take it away, Lori!

Today was one of those days when I knew I needed to sit down and write a blog post promoting my new book, but every time I opened a new document I just stared at the blank page.

Yep, that’s right. I had writers block. My muse has been unexpectedly silent for the last four days, and it’s making me crazy. As a writer I rely on the constant voices in my head to keep me company, exercise my creativity, and bring a peaceful feeling to my brain, so when they suddenly go quiet I tend to freak out a bit.
I’ve never been at a point where I didn’t have ideas, but I find that sometimes the ideas aren’t quite as cohesive as they should be. I get bits and pieces of stories or characters that don’t fit into the book I’m writing, or the direction I’m going. It’s days like today that I have to clear my brain, and start fresh. Sometimes it means jotting down the ideas streaming through my head, other times I need to step away completely and do something else, like read a book by one of my favorite authors, or play on Pinterest (yes I’m a pinning addict).

There’s no easy jump start, and there seems to be no specific triggers for writers block. I find that stress and exhaustion are big factors, and if I push myself too hard to complete a story my muse seems to plant her feet in the mud and refuse to budge. I have to remind myself that creativity flows like water, and if I try to divert it in the direction I want it to go, I’m likely to have a flood on my hands that I can’t handle.

Do you find your own thought process blocked by your sub-conscious or the day to day life events happening around you? What are your tricks to jump start your happy self?

While you’re thinking on that, be sure to check out my most recent book, Sidney’s Triple Shot, the story of a woman who has survived hell, and is reaching for her heaven.



Sidney Rowe has been abused in ways that most people can’t even imagine.  After a horrific miscarriage, she left behind everything she had, to escape her ex-boyfriend.  She finds refuge in the kindness of the three Dawson brothers. They give her a job and a sense of security in the small town of Apache Crossing. 

Xavier, Tyce, and Noah Dawson, have built their bar, Triple Shot, into a profitable enterprise.  The three former Marines, have also built a reputation for integrity in the community, but their sex appeal and charm are legendary. They enjoy their playboy status…that is until a jumpy, skittish Sidney stumbles into their lives needing their help.

Sexual tension explodes when the brothers decide they want to protect and share Sidney, but to have her they have to stop her ex from haunting her. Can they keep her safe, and win her damaged heart?


You can keep up with all of my new releases via:
Email: LoriKingBooks@yahoo.com.
Don’t forget to Live, Laugh, and Love like today is your only chance!





No comments:

Post a Comment